Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Way Out

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13, NASB

I read this in my devotions today, and what a wonderful reminder. So often I fall so short of what God asks of me. So often I fail Him, and fall into temptation. I allow my desires to overcome me. But there is always a way out. No matter what temptation I face, God will always be watching me, and He gives me the strength to get out of it. Even when I do fail Him, I can come to Him and ask forgiveness. He is so faithful to forgive me when I have sinned against Him, and how amazing it is that He completely FORGETS our sin! If we take time to think about this, it's very odd. How could God forget something? He knows ALL. He never forgets anything. He knows every little detail about us, even how many hairs we have on our head! He knows our deepest, darkest secrets. And yet He FORGETS our sins! He knows and remembers so much, and yet he CHOOSES to forget. What a mighty, wonderful God I serve! What amazing love He shows me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, suggestion, commentary? I'd love to hear it!
Thank you for not posting any offensive or unnecessarily violent or obscene language or content.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online